Paige’s Workshops and Demonstrations
Bring Paige to You!
For information about bringing Paige to your university, school, flute club or studio as a guest clinician, please contact her at:
email@example.com or 386-569-3010
Depending on schedule, Paige usually brings her extensive flute collection when leading classes and directing ensembles.
Reasonably priced workshops and coaching session are available. Pricing is based upon number of sessions and travel costs.
How Low Can You Go?
This fun and informative workshop explores the flute family from top to bottom, focusing on the lower flutes. After briefly introducing and demonstrating the piccolo, Eb soprano flute, concert flute, Bb flute d’amour, alto flute and bass flute, Paige then describes and demonstrates her “heavy metal” in detail. Her Kotato contrabass flute was the first here in the United States. Her newest addition is the Kingma sub contrabass flute in G, one of three in the world. For most workshops in the eastern part of the United States, Paige can also bring her Kotato double contrabass flute, one of four in the world.
Heavy Metal Techniques
Make the most of your lower flute section by developing specific techniques for playing and tips for maintaining your lower flutes. Topics include breath support, articulation and tonguing, phrasing, intonation tips, hand position and instrument support, repertoire jewels that spotlight the lower flutes, plus more.
Flute Ensemble Fun
Learn how to beautifully balance your flute ensemble, regardless of size and access to lower flutes. Ideas for creative programming, as well as unusual repertoire, will be explored. Materials and techniques will be designed for your specific situation. Ensemble coaching sessions can also be incorporated.
Flute Choir Reading Sessions
Play hot off the press new releases, unpublished gems, international music as well as award winning flute orchestra works and director’s favorites. This workshop can be combined with an abbreviated HOW LOW CAN YOU GO workshop.
The Sacred Flutist
Do you need some fresh and creative musical ideas and literature to use at church? Bring your flute and music stand to this workshop and be ready to have some fun. Intermediate and advanced flutists will gain new approaches to sacred music. We’ll cover a wide variety of music and develop ways to craft your own distinctive style while playing in church.
As an active guest flute clinician and ensemble director, Paige has presented workshops and directed festival ensembles internationally including:
- Musikschule des Emslandes Meppen, Germany
- Escuela Superior De Musica Y Danze De Monterrey Monterrey, Mexico
- Conservatoire National de Region Jean-Philippe Rameau Dijon, France
- Le Conservatoire Aubagne, France
- Cork Flute Society, Kinsale, Ireland
- New England Conservatory, Boston, MA
- Hartt School of Music; University of Hartford, Hartford, CT
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- Stetson University, Deland, FL
- Thayer Conservatory of Music, South Lancaster, MA
- Keene State College, Keene, NH
- California State University, Fullerton, CA
- Montana State University, Bozeman, MT
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Daytona State College, Daytona Beach, FL
- National Flute Association
- Greater Boston Flute Association
- West Michigan Flute Association
- Upper Mid-West Flute Association
- Mid Atlantic Flute Association
- Florida Flute Association
- Florida Flute Club at Gainesville
- Inland Empire Valley Flute Society, Redlands, CA
- Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
- Rochester Flute Association, Rochester, NY
- Texas Woman’s University, Denton, TX
- Brookhaven College, Dallas TX
- Numerous public high schools
- Private studios